Thursday, January 12, 2012

::::\\ Drawing Days //::::



I've been really enjoying drawing faces lately. They're something I've loved to draw my entire life, but I guess sometimes you just break away from things for awhile. When we were little my brother would tease me a bit for always drawing glamourized fashion-type portraits, and he was right because I really did - they weren't great of course, but I had a lot of fun doing them. I'd get a lot of influence from all the sewing patterns and things like the Vogue Sewing magazines my grandmother had around her house. She had so many patterns in her sewing room, and I remember looking through the ones she'd kept from the '60s and '70s and tons from the '80s of course, and I just loved the illustrations on them!

Drawing "days", well... I guess a more accurate title for this post would be "drawing nights," but anyway. Just a few things in-progress that I've been sketching on for fun. . .

Hope to have some new projects finished up soon!



2 comments: